HOME Forums JACK JONES FORUM Opening night

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Mark Bradshaw 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Joy Finlayson

Jack opened his UK tour on Monday night to a full house at The Apex in Bury St Edmonds. He looked wonderful, very relaxed and his voice sounding as good as ever. The 22 piece big band accompanying him were superb and really added something special to his performance. Jack sang all the tracks from his new CD “Seriously Frank” in the first half of the concert. I think this new CD is one of his best, and it was fabulous to listen to him performing it live. The second half consisted of his well loved familiar songs which was great as I was worried that the entire show was going to be a Sinatra tribute. He was actually quite emotional at times, really feeling it with “Only the lonely” ,and , one of my favourites “The Impossible Dream”.He really manages to transform himself into character and actually becomes Don Quixote putting so much emotion into the performance. It really gets me every time ! He was emotional at the end of it too and I had tears streaming down my face ! Wonderful ! After a number of standing ovations he left us wanting more. He certainly looked as if he was enjoying every minute of it and he had a great rapport with his pianist and the rest of the band, who were all superb. All in all a fabulous night.
    It was lovely to meet up with all the JJ fans I have become friends with over the years. My next concert isn’t until Glasgow next Friday then his last night in Edinburgh. I just wish I could have done more. Jack never ceases to amaze me. At 78 his voice is as strong and as pure as ever, pure class ! If you’re going to any of his shows, boy, you’re in for a treat.

#4120 Reply

Marian Down

A great review Joy. Thank you! X

#4121 Reply

Marian Down

A great review Joy. Thank you! X

#4122 Reply

Norah Goodall

Joy, From Jack’s No1 fan in Spain who can never get enough of him, thank you so much for a great review – I only wish I could have been there myself. Norah x

#4125 Reply

John Donald

Thanks for this comprehensive review ,Joy.Looking forward to the Edinburgh show even more now!

#4174 Reply

Mark Bradshaw

I cant wait..I’m driving up to Edinburgh and it will probably be about my 15th JJ night and i’m as excited as the first time.
    There wont be another singer that does what he does as well so thanks for coming over Jack and see you Sunday.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Opening night
Your information: