HOME Forums JACK JONES FORUM RCA Recordings

This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  PhilipT 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

SF

I have long been baffled as to why so few of Jack’s RCA albums have been available on cd – not even a greatest hits as far as I know.

Anybody any information?

#1279 Reply

PhilipT

I’m one of the few Jack fans who likes the RCA years more than the Kapp ones.
    Jack owns the rights to these 70s LPs and is gradually releasing them on this site.

#1305 Reply

John Donald

I have heard that “Breadwinners” may be reissued in the not too distant future.

#2749 Reply

Steve

Jack’s RCA Victor albums are the best of his career… superb arrangements, excellent choice of songs and faultless production make for a top class back catalogue that vinyl record collectors search for enthustically amongst second hand record shops and are well sought after along with other 60’s & 70’s lp’s of Jack’s fellow top class singers and friends Perry Como, Johnny Mathis, Andy Williams and Matt Monro.

Steve

#2939 Reply

Rob W

There are many Jack fans who love the RCA years! I keep scouring sites for releases. My vinyl has completely worn out. Bread Winners, Together and Harbour are fantastic. My mum used to play them to death when I was a kid. I think I might be a little young for a Jack fan….

#2943 Reply

Richard Perrine

I had thought that maybe the RCA recordings got caught when GE (?) walked in and closed RCA….everything RCA was gone like it got hit by a phaser .
    I miss listening to many of the songs from the RCA years…..it really get’s bad around midnight.

#2944 Reply

SJ

I like you saying “it really gets bad around midnight”! 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  Webmaster.
    #3186 Reply

Romy Jones

I’m longing to be able to hear “Hushed Whispers” from ‘Without Her’ / “I keep Leavin’ Houses Behind” from ‘A Time for Us’… and the whole ‘L.A. Breakdown’ album (masterwork)… without clicks and pops. Please, someone… make it happen before I die 😉

#3857 Reply

Yvonne Probert

Please does anyone know if there is any chance of ” Harbour” being released ?

#3879 Reply

PhilipT

Yvonne,the album “I Never Had it So Good”(available on this site) contains nearly
    every song from “Harbour”.The order is different(and several songs from “Full Life”
    are added),but I think the only excluded song is the opening track “Here’s to Love”.

#4753 Reply

Colin Binns

I had ‘Breadwinners’ by Jack Jones on vinyl, but someone borrowed It and I never saw It again. Are there plans to release It on CD please. It’s a wonderful album

#4763 Reply

PhilipT

It’s been some time since Jack has rereleased one of his RCA classics at the Music Store.Perhaps he’s been distracted with other projects,such as his new albums?
    “Together”,”What I Did for Love” and “With One More Look at You” would be my top
    choices for reissue.I’d also like a collection of his 45 singles,many of which have
    never been featured on an LP.
    I seem to recall an interview where Jack indicated that he found some unreleased songs in his vault-wouldn’t those be wonderful to hear?
    Old or new-please keep the music coming,Jack!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: RCA Recordings
Your information: